Students who enroll in the One Year Cultural Exchange Program do not enroll for the purpose of obtaining any British Columbia High School Diploma credits. Rather, they aim to develop their English skills and cultural awareness by participating in a variety of academic and non-academic courses.
They typically enroll in grade 10, 11, or 12, depending on their age.
For successful enrollment the following conditions for acceptance will need to be met:
- Submit completed Registration Form, Financial Responsibility Form, and Student Information Form.
- Copy of passport and translated report cards of the last two years.
The parent must send the required forms, documentation and registration fee (payable to Bulkley Valley Christian School) directly to the school; not through an agent.
Applications will only be accepted for grade 10 or higher.
Students will be placed to live with a family associated with the Bulkley Valley Christian School.
Student and parents shall understand that all teaching is done from a Christian point of view. Bible study courses are mandatory. Understanding Western culture and literature is easier when the student learns how they are rooted in the Bible.
Program Costs (2012 / 2013):
- Registration: $300.00 (non-refundable)
- One-year tuition: $6,800.00 (includes compulsory Govt. medical insurance).
- One-year Homestay Cost: $700.00 / month (payable directly to the Homestay family)
- Additional annual costs: $50.00 for textbook rental, $75.00 for participating in any School team sport.
- The cost of optional school trips will vary.
An interview might be requested with a parent and the student.
When a student is accepted, prepaid tuition is required before an official Letter of Acceptance will be issued.
Full tuition will be refunded if the student visa is not approved; rejection letter from Embassy will be needed as proof.