Students who enroll in the International Program aim to obtain the British Columbia High School Diploma.
They typically enroll in grade 10 in their first year and in the grades 11 and 12 in the 2 years there after. This is in order to get all the credits required to complete the BC Graduation Program. It is not uncommon that during their first year they focus on English language acquisition and in the following two years they catch up on the required credit courses.
Students from the People's Republic of China
We're happy to be in partnership with Choice Education Group. All students from the People's Republic of Chine must apply through Choice Education.
Students from all other countries
For successful enrollment the following conditions for acceptance will need to be met:
- Submit completed Registration Form, Financial Responsibility Form, and Student Information Form.
- Copy of passport and translated report cards of the last two years. The parent must send the required forms, documentation and registration fee (payable to Bulkley Valley Christian School) directly to the school; not through an agent.
- Applications will only be accepted for grade 10 or higher. In order to graduate in Canada with a British Columbia (B.C.) Dogwood diploma, the student must earn credits from grade 10, 11 and 12 classes which is possible by doing three years of study in B.C.. Or, the student can transfer credits already earned from a B.C. accredited school like The Maple Leaf school in China, and then earn the remaining necessary credits at our school.
- Students will be placed to live with a family associated with the Bulkley Valley Christian School. No student will be permitted to live on their own but the International Program will consider approving a non-associated local home if that family understands and supports the school's program.
- Student and parents shall understand that all teaching is done from a Christian point of view. Bible study courses are mandatory. Understanding Western culture and literature is easier when the student learns how they are rooted in the Bible.
Contact BVCS for current program costs.