If your child is between 6 and 8 years of age you are likely eligible for an education grant of $1,200. This program was introduced in 2015 and is designed to help BC families save for the children’s post-secondary education. Being a BC resident with an Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP) is the only requirement.
Your financial advisor can help you to set up an RESP. You do not need to make any contribution to be eligible for the $1,200 BC Training & Education Savings Grant (BCTESG). All you need to do is open an RESP. Your advisor will access the $1,200 grant on your behalf. The funds go directly into your child’s RESP.
Contact your financial advisor. If you do not currently have a financial advisor, BVCS is pleased to recommend the following people and businesses who support BVCS:
Kevin Huisman at Edward Jones: 250-847-5755 or email@example.com
- Kelly Jones at Investors Group: 250-847-9620 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tim Veenstra at BV Financial Services: 250-847-7936 or email@example.com
- Trever Morris at Sun Life Financial: 250-847-0250 or Trever.Morris@sunlife.com
- Cathy Stanton at Manulife Securities: 250-8474686 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Elly Rieger at ScotiaBank: 250-877-4000 or email@example.com