BVCS has been instructed by our auditor that we are required to have proof of citizenship and proof of residency for every BVCS family. This is in order to comply with BC Ministry of Education funding requirements. We currently have this information on file for very few BVCS families.
Regardless of how long you have been a BVCS family, we are required to have proof of citizenship (Canada) and residency (British Columbia) for each and every family at BVCS. Every family will need to provide us with:
- the residency form (button below), signed by both parents
- proof of citizenship (acceptable documents are listed in the form)
- proof of residency (acceptable documents are listed in the form)
Who needs to complete this?
Every BVCS family needs to provide this to us. There are no exceptions and it is not optional.
- In married families, only one parent needs to provide the above information
- In families in which there is a divorce or separation, custody orders or other arrangements, we need the above information for the parent with whom the student is ordinarily resident…normally the parent who has custody or guardianship.